"personal information" is as defined in the Promotion of Access to Information Act No 2 of 2000 ("PAIA")
"this website" means http://property.iol.co.za and www.iolproperty.co.za and all sub pages thereof excluding links to external sites;
"user" means any person accessing any part of the web site
"website owner" and/or "we" means Property360 (Pty) Ltd
"Processing definition" any activity that involves the use of Personal Data. It includes obtaining, recording or holding the data, or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the data including organising, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it.
"Direct marketing" to approach a data subject, with their consent, either in person or by mail or electronic communication, for the direct or indirect purpose of: promoting or offering to supply, in the ordinary course of business, any goods or services to the data subject; includes emails, sms's and automatic calling machines.
"Opt out" data subject is given the right to choose not to participate at the time the information is collected and each time such communication is sent.
Status and Amendments
Collection of personal data
3. Where personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information) is submitted to the site by the user, for example through sending an e-mail or filling in required fields, the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
a. This website collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
b. This website will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this web site and services offered through it by third parties, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
c. This website will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used.
d. This website will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the website is required or permitted to do so by law.
e. If information is released with the user's consent this website will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
f. This website will destroy or delete any personal information under its control which has become obsolete.
4. Information collected about users through their use of this website is the property of the website owner.
5. The website owner will retain all ownership of and copyright in any database of users' personal information.
6. No credit card information is retained or stored by the website owner.
Collection of anonymous data
7. Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this website may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes and trade in these profiles. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
8. In order to provide the best possible and most relevant service, this website may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this site. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows this website to collect statistics.
9. This website utilises cookies. A cookie is a small file that is placed on the user's hard drive in order to keep a record of a user's interaction with this website.
a. Cookies from this website allow the website owner to tailor advertising and other services to your displayed preferences. The website may use third party cookies from an adserver for this purpose.
b. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to personally identify users but will be used to compile anonymised statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide us with feedback on the performance of this website.
10. If a user does not wish cookies to be employed to customize his or her interaction with this website it is possible to alter the manner in which their browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
Access to personal data
11. Where a user believes that personal data concerning them held by the web site owner is outdated or incorrect they may request that such personal data be corrected, please use our contact page http://www.iolproperty.co.za/Contact.jsp. Any request for such a correction must specify both the incorrect data and the proposed correction and must give full reasons for the request.
12. Users can request access to any relevant personal data held by the web site owner as laid out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act No 2 of 2000 ("PAIA") and where such access is necessary for them to exercise and/or protect any of their rights. A copy of PAIA can be obtained from http://www.polity.org.za/html/govdocs/legislation/2000/act2.pdf.
13. Detailed information on PROATIA and the procedure to follow in making a request for access to personal data is available in the web site owner's Promotion of Access to Information Manual and from the website of the Human Rights Commission www.hrc.org.za.
Links to other web sites
15. While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, this web site can not under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of the web site owner or any third party.
16. Users and/or subscribers are prohibited from releasing their username and/or password to any other person.
17. We regard the safety and privacy of children using this web site extremely seriously but it remains the ultimate responsibility of the parents and other care-givers of children to ensure that they are not exposed to inappropriate content or behaviour.
Date of Last Review: 22 June 2021